Jan 22, 2019
Ever wondered what SaaS is? No I don't mean to be a bit cheeky, I mean the acronym SaaS. I’ll explain more later.
But first, my guest, Maiten Panella, a doctor of psychology with 15 years’ experience in supporting International organisations with branding, planning, consulting, communications and of course digital marketing.
- Local and international Marketing are majorly different, although they both revolve around the customer, the audience will always be different. Different strategies are required per country or even different parts of a country, depending on the different cultures, history, language and dialect. Speak the language of the customer.
- Maiten says you need to consider the following when Marketing on an international scale:
- Daily life of the customer – the way of living, thinking and
- The different business practices in specific countries
- Remembering the smaller stuff, particularly around legislation – take GDPR for example – important in the EU, not so in Latin America – But they may still need to know these elements, especially if working on an international scale.
- Algorithms can play a huge part of getting noticed online and these can be different depending on the language and country, as algorithms are now so sophisticated they can track not just the keywords or search terms (which are different anyway), but the intention as well.
SaaS Business - What is it?
You may have heard this acronym a lot more recently as it is very topical.
So what does it stand for: Software as a Service.
And what does it mean: Basically it means that a company or individual is providing some element of software to other individuals or organisations, usually under a licensed model. For example Salesforce or GoToMeeting, which you may have heard of, if not, look them up and you’ll get it.
Happy Marketing Everyone!
Music Featured on this Podcast:
Sleepy in the Garden
Lobo Loco www.musikbrause.de
Creative Commons License
Brand Now – Nick Westergaard: https://amzn.to/2JBUFLO